Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Day of Updating, Going Back.

As you all may or may not have noticed, I haven't been on here in quiet a while. I know that in the great scheme of things my absence would not normally have be felt, and many of you will say oh hey! There's that girl that talks about nothing. Feel free to continue on with your lives as I have returned.

Today is Sept. 11, 2014. And 13 years ago, everyone over the age of 18 remembers exactly what they were doing when they found out the towers had been hit by a terrorist attack. I remember every year, as it was the first months of me living in a new country, a first month of a new school system, the first weeks of being in our new house. It was also the first time that I felt oh so very connected with people I didn't even know. I felt American, I was proud, and willing to lend a hand and boldly be all about the Red, White, and Blue. Today, I feel every emotion I felt then.


Much of what I had before I stopped writing has changed, Yes I am still working 2 jobs, yes I am still a pet care lead, yes I still have crazy friends that I love to death. However I see things differently than I did months ago. I see how lucky I am to be in a relationship with my best friend. I see how blessed I am to have an amazing best friend like Katie, and wonderful friendships with Haley and Sara. I have two amazing dogs, one that loves me to the moon and back and another that loves me when I have food! (Lol) I have great parents that support me, and lead me to be a better person. I have a pretty good life, and I realize now that I have taken much of that for granted.

I have learned the importance of earnest communication, and how distance can make relationships sour. I have learned what true hurt looks and feels like, and how to remove my self from it so I can focus on rebuilding and recovery. I have learned to let go of anger, hate, and distrust...and to just let things come as they may. I want to cont. to rebuild, and grow and make my relationships the best they can be.

I have some big dates coming up.
-> Sept 20th-sept 27th ill be in SC with my bestie, laying around on the beach and kicking it!
--> Oct 6-Oct 14th Ill be with my mommy in NM, enjoying mother daughter time.  (Because I need my mommy)


Holiday has already rolled out at the pet store  I work at, so of course I have already decorated my fish tanks for Halloween. When I come back from New Mexico I am excited to decorate my house for Halloween as well.

My work fish "Betamax"


It has been wonderful touching base with you all, and I wish you all safety, love and reflection today. Hug your family's close and remember those who can not. In the great scheme of things all that matters is what matters the most to you, So think of others today and what matters most to them after all, that's the spirit of recovery.


- Sarah Gooch


No comments:

Post a Comment